Tableau for Beginners Get CA Certified, Grow Your Career
Free Download Tableau for Beginners: Get CA Certified, Grow Your Career and Jump into data visualization with hands-on exercises and pass the Certified Associate exam.
What you’ll learn
- Sort, filter, slice, pivot, and graph using a Tableau Public, a free version of the market leading visualization tool.
- Combine multiple data sources using joins, blends, and unions.
- Create bar charts, pie charts, and line graphs.
- Create calculated fields with conditional logic.
- Map your data to quickly detect geographic variation.
- Create a dynamic dashboards combining multiple worksheets.
- Create trendlines and understand the relevant statistical metrics such as p-value and R-squared.
- Create forecasts with prediction intervals, accounting for seasonal variability.
- Take two full-length practice exams for the Tableau Desktop Certified Associate Exam.
- Use publicly available data to create visualizations on topics that interest you – anything from the economy to the Olympics.
- Familiarity with Excel is helpful, but not required.
- You should have access to a computer running Mac or Windows. The course will show you how to download and install the Tableau software.
Tableau is the solution that thousands of companies use today as they struggle with their big data issues. This course prepares you for the Tableau Qualified Associate Certification exam, and features two Full-Length Certified Associate Practice Exams with Solution Guide.
Are you looking to find a way to increase your salary and enjoy your work more? Why not turn to Tableau? Getting certified as a Tableau Qualified Associate can be the first step to achieving this goal. Tableau is not only great fun, it can be really lucrative. Imagine what your life would be like with a $100k salary!
Get Started Today!
Working with Tableau isn’t just lucrative – it’s fun! And unlike most data analysis tools, Tableau uses a drag-and-drop interface, so you don’t need to be a programmer to learn Tableau. If you can learn Excel then you can learn Tableau.
Learn and Apply Fundamental Skills
Get a step-by-step walk-through of the fundamentals of data visualization and data discovery with Tableau. You’ll learn how to:
- Sort, filter, and group your data
- Create tables, bar charts, line charts
- Show location using geographic maps
- Aggregate with sum, average, min, max, and counts
- Create new fields using calculations
- Combine data using joins, blends, and unions
But just watching the videos won’t make you an expert. For mastery, you need to go hands-on by answering questions that reinforce the skills from the videos. To go hands-on, you’ll install the Public version of the Tableau software, which is available for free and easy to install on Mac or Windows. Then you’ll download the sample data set included with the course, and Tableau to answer questions about this sample data.
Prepare for the Certified Associate Certification Exam
After completing the units on fundamental Tableau skills, solidify your knowledge by answer questions similar to those on the Tableau Qualified Associate certification exam. If you get stuck on a question, you can watch a video presenting the solution.
Course includes access to two full-length Tableau Certified Associate Certification.
The Certified Associate Exam was previously called the Qualified Associate exam, but was recently renamed.
The final part of the course is the final project where you use Tableau to create a unique visualization on a topic of your choosing using publicly available data. Save your project to the Tableau Public website and you’ll have a project you can show potential employers.
Who this course is for:
- This Tableau course is meant for those who are looking to move forward in their career by building skills in data science and data visualization.
- Students who wish to prepare for the Tableau Certified Associate certification exam.
- This course is not intended for experienced Tableau users.
Created by Lukas Halim
Last updated 5/2020
Caption: English [Auto-generated]
Size: 2.1 GB